- Title: A Lenda de São Julião Hospitaleiro de Flaubert
- Author: Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso
- Collaborations: Edited by Manuel Rosa and Assírio & Alvim.
- Publisher: CAM – Gulbenkian Foundation
- Dimensions: 20,3 X17 cm 7,99X6,69 in
- Number of Pages: 384 pages + cover
- Edition: 3000 copies. The original manuscript was painted in 1912. In 2006 another facsimile edition (hardcover) was published, information available at Tipo.pt.
- Publishing Date: 2006 (November)
- Place: Lisbon, Portugal
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: 249900/06; 978-972-635-184-9
- Media: Offset, colour. Soft cover.
- Synopsis: A Lenda de São Julião Hospitaleiro is a facsimile of the original manuscript, a painted and handwritten copy by Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso after Gustave Flaubert’s novel. The original belongs to the collection of the Centre of Modern Art, Gulbenkian Foundation. This facsimile edition contains a detailed description of the cover and every single illustration in the original manuscript painted by Amadeo (pages 13-47). Even though the essay by Maria Filomena Molder is mentioned, we can only read the foreword since the complete version was only published in the hardcover edition. Flaubert’s novel was translated by Maria Jorge Vilar de Figueiredo and can be read at pages 353-382.
- Publisher's Website:http://www.cam.gulbenkian.pt
- Notes and Collections: The book is available: - Gulbenkians’ Foundation Library in Lisbon and at the library of the School of Arts and Design at Caldas da Rainha, Portugal. - Gulbenkians' Foundation Library, Paris, France.
A Lenda de São Julião Hospitaleiro de Flaubert