- Title: All Beauty Must Die
- Author: Patrícia Almeida
- Collaborations: Design: Léo Favier
- Publisher: GHOST
- Dimensions: 19,5 x 24,5 cm 7 ,68X9,65 in
- Number of Pages: 84 pages
- Edition: 200 copies. Limited edition of 25 copies, numbered and signed with a posters printed in silkscreen.
- Publishing Date: 2011 (November)
- Place: Lisbon, Portugal
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: n.a.
- Media: Printed in silk-screen (cover), off-set and riso.
- Synopsis: ALL BEAUTY MUST DIE is a reference to the lyrics of Nick Cave’s Where the Wild Roses Grow, a duet with Kylie Minogue released with Nick Cave’s 1996 record Murder Ballads, but also to John Keats’ Ode on Melancholy: “She dwells with Beauty – Beauty that must die”. This book collects multilingual comments left by anonymous visitors of the show "All Beauty Must Die" presented in 2010 at Museu Colecção Berardo, as part of the BESphoto award. The exhibition included photographs, a video and posters with pop song lyrics and poetry of the English Romantic period, aiming to evoke an idyllic atmosphere inspired by the ideals of youth and nature. The underlying intention was to create an indie book of sorts, referencing the world of fanzines, by using a set of highly contrasted black and white images that establish a dialogue with anonymous phrases, be they love messages, political slogans, testimonies, random thoughts, quotes or simple creative acts. (Text provided by the editors David-Alexandre Guéniot and Patrícia Almeida)
- Author's Website:http://patriciaalmeida.com/
- Publisher's Website:http://www.ghost.pt/AllBeautyMustDie.htm
- Notes and Collections: This edition is available at the Library of Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon.
All Beauty Must Die