- Title: Bluetown
- Author: Pedro Guimarães
- Collaborations: Tomasz Curvo, Nikos Efstratiou
- Publisher: Pedro Guimarães
- Dimensions: 450mm x 320mm
- Number of Pages: 24 pages
- Edition: 500 copies
- Publishing Date: 2010(September)
- Place: London, UK
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: n.a.
- Media: Offset print on Munken Pure paper, colour.
- Synopsis: ‘Bluetown’ is, according to Guimarães, ‘a dream of London about itself, a celebration of the beauty of its own alienation and loneliness’. To find ‘Bluetown’, Guimarães superimposed an outline of Queen Elizabeth’s face on the map of London on which he plotted evenly spaced points, a grid of geographic coordinates. Following the route set by this symbol of ‘Englishness’, he then visited and photographed each location. The presented photographs are a selection from the one hundred images that constitute the entire project. (Text provided by Pedro Guimarães to Tipo.PT)
- Author's Website:http://www.pedroguimaraes.net