- Title: O Oxímoro
- Author: Pedro Portugal
- Publisher: Documenta
Carmona e Costa Foundation
- Dimensions: 23,5x15,5cm
- Number of Pages: 94 pages
- Edition: 30 numbered and signed copies
- Publishing Date: 2013(December)
- Place: Lisbon
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: 368315/13; 978-989-8618-52-2
- Media: printed in off-set, colour.
- Synopsis: This book was published to accompany the exhibition PANDEMOS by Manuel João Vieira, Pedro Portugal and Pedro Proença, held at Carmona e Costa Foundation between the 26th October and the 28th December 2013. PANDEMOS, published for the exhibition, was accompanied by the following books, each with a unique run of 30 copies: Alguns Desenhos Ilustrados, Manuel João Vieira; Que É Arte É and O Oxímoro by Pedro Portugal; Vida Longa Arte Brava, Byars-Lapa and Metamanifestos by Pedro Proença. O Oxímoro (The Oxymoron) brings together two works derived from Portuguese films made between 1962 and 2010. The first is a set of observations on Portuguese cinema. The second is the synopsis of the movie "The Oxymoron" consisting of excerpts from Portuguese movies or dialogues using quotes from the same movies; it is composed by frames organized according to the actions they represent (slaps, gunshots, sex, smoking, etc.).
- Publisher's Website:http://blogue-documenta.blogspot.pt/
- Notes and Collections: CFC collection, Lisbon