- Title: Racial Makeup
- Author: Julião Sarmento
- Publisher: CCA Kitakyshu / Korinsha Press & CO
- Dimensions: 21X15 cm 8,27X5,91 in.
- Number of Pages: 82 pages
- Edition: 100 copies numbered and signed by the artist.
- Publishing Date: 1997
- Place: Kitakyshu, Japan.
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: n.a. ; 4-7713-3403-x c0072
- Media: offset, colour, on folded rice paper. Japanese binding, sewed with brown tread, spine corners protected with fabric. The book is protected with a cardboard covering.
- Synopsis: Racial Makeup simulates a notebook or a travel diary. The pages contain collages from newspaper ads and pictures, shopping labels, Polaroids, photos from several different places and streets. Every page has the fragment of a text written in Japanese and English.
- Author's Website:http://www.juliaosarmento.com
- Publisher's Website:http://www.cca-kitakyushu.org/
- Notes and Collections: Racial Makeup is available at: - Serralves Foundation Library, Porto; Gulbenkian Foundation Library, Lisbon, Portugal. - FRAC Bretagne, Rennes; Kandinsky Library and the French National Library, Paris, France. - Tate Archive, London, UK. - MACBA, Barcelona, Spain. - Smithsonian Institution Libraries, Washington; Joan Flasch Artists' Book Collection, Chicago, USA. - Rijksakademie Vanbbeeldende Kunsten, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.