- Title: SUPER – PRIVATE: SCENES 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
- Author: paula roush
- Publisher: paula roush - msds
- Dimensions: 30x11cm, expanding to 40-100cm depending on scene.
- Number of Pages: Leporello bookwork with 6 to 12 folds depending on scene
- Edition: First edition : published by Plan Bey in limited edition of 99 Second edition: published by msdm in unlimited edition. Contains a new photograph and a conversation between PR (paula roush) and EPS, who donated the ‘EPS collection’ to the Arab Image Foundation and wishes to remain anonymous.
- Publishing Date: 2017
- Place: London, UK
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: n.a.
- Media: Inkjet print on Epson Enhanced paper 189 gsm paper (leporello) and Laser print on corona offset 120gsm (folded insert 29.7 x 42 cm), hardcover boards with polyester stickers.
- Synopsis: In 2005, EPS deposited two dozen rolls of undeveloped 35mm film at the Arab Image Foundation. Stored in a bespoke wooden box, each had been carefully wrapped in protective foil and enclosed in individually fitted drawers. The donor had found them in the family house – carefully protected against Beirut’s dampness – and brought them in for conservation and preservation. They were the work of a Lebanese banker born in 1904, known as RS, who died of a heart attack when he was 54. The people in his photographs were friends and lovers who never had the chance to see themselves in what looks like a photo-roman noir including road trips, jet flights and secretive hotel room encounters. Were they following a script? Or did these scenes just happen as life unraveled itself in the glamorous Lebanon of the 1940s and 50s? What might have been a photo family album, was nothing of that kind. Super-private consists of photographs taken in the late 1940s, 1950s by a Lebanese banker known as RS, sourced from the Arab Image Foundation’s EPS collection, along with a newspaper photograph from the ‘Al-Yom collection’ (also held at the Foundation), showing the building where RS worked, damaged by a nearby explosion during the 1975-1990 Civil War, and a conversation between PR (paula roush) and EPS, who donated the ‘EPS collection’ to the Arab Image Foundation and wishes to remain anonymous. Text by paula roush
- Publisher's Website:http://www.msdm.org.uk/
- Bibliography and Links:
SUPER – PRIVATE: SCENES 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |