- Title: Uplift
- Author: Catarina Leitão
- Publisher: Catarina Leitão
- Dimensions: 17.75x17.75x6.4 cm 7x7x2.5 inches
- Number of Pages: 7 Booklets
- Edition: Edition of 5 + 1 AP signed and numbered
- Publishing Date: 2008
- Place: New York, NY, USA
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: n.a.
- Media: Letterpress-printed from polymer plates and hand-painted with sumi ink. Seven hardcover books with single signature. Printed and bound by Catarina Leitao at the Center for Book Arts, New York, 2008.
- Synopsis: Uplift is a Pop-up book composed of seven different hard bound booklets inserted in a box. In Uplift, a narrative was created from a series of black and white drawings. Tracing ambiguous relationships between figure and ground through the use of deep black shapes and white areas, the drawings represent scenes of an interaction between an organic and a constructed world. In the book, I add a three-dimensional component, aiming to expand the spatial scope of drawing, introducing positive and negative volumes, orifices, light and shade. (Text provided by Catarina Leitão)
- Author's Website:http://www.catarinaleitao.net
- Notes and Collections: Fundação de Serralves Library of Artist Books, Porto Fundação Carmona e Costa Collection, Lisbon Fundação Ilídio Pinho Collection, Porto Center for Book Arts Collection, New York