- Title: Vida Longa Arte Brava
- Author: Pedro Proença
- Publisher: Documenta
Carmona e Costa Foundation
- Dimensions: 23,5x23,5cm
- Number of Pages: 100 pages (not numbered)
- Edition: 30 numbered and signed copies
- Publishing Date: 2013(December)
- Place: Lisbon, Portugal
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: 368318/13; 978-989-8618-58-0
- Media: printed in off-set, colour.
- Synopsis: This book was published to accompany the exhibition PANDEMOS by Manuel João Vieira, Pedro Portugal and Pedro Proença, that took place at Carmona e Costa Foundation between the 26th October and the 28th December 2013. PANDEMOS, published for the exhibition was accompanied by the following books, each with a unique run of 30 copies: Alguns Desenhos Ilustrados, Manuel João Vieira; Que É Arte É and O Oxímoro, Pedro Portugal; Vida Longa Arte Brava, Byars-Lapa and Metamanifestos, Pedro Proença. Vida Longa Arte Brava (Long Life Brave Art) consists of graphic compositions punctuated by aphorisms playing with surprise effects or puns, such as the title, which parodies the Latin aphorism "Ars Longa, Vita Brevis", translated from the Greek original attributed to Hippocrates. Brave art is also a designation for bullfighting.
- Publisher's Website:http://blogue-documenta.blogspot.pt/
- Notes and Collections: CFC collection, Lisbon