- Title: Weatherproof
- Author: Catarina Leitão
- Publisher: Catarina Leitão
- Dimensions: 15.25x10.15 cm
- Number of Pages: 16
- Edition: 50 signed and numbered
- Publishing Date: 2007
- Place: New York City, NY, USA
- Media: Letterpress from polymer plates on Crane's paper, hand painted sumi ink.
- Synopsis: Weatherproof was created while I was an artist-in-residency at the Center for Book Arts in 2007. This book functions like a small catalogue. The accordion book has 16 pages with a series of drawings printed in letterpress. The drawings depict imaginary pieces of equipment for a person to interact with nature. Weatherproof follows a series of works I developed after 2001 that addressed the idea that our interaction with nature is mediated by objects that exploit our need for safety and comfort.
- Author's Website:http://www.catarinaleitao.net
- Notes and Collections: The Center for Book Arts, New York Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian