- Title: (Português) JAB #32
- Author: (Português) AA.VV.
- Collaborations: Guest editors Catarina Figueiredo Cardoso and Isabel Baraona
- Publisher: Brad Freeman
Columbia College Chicago
- Dimensions: 28X22,5 cm 8,86X11 in
- Number of Pages: The magazine has 56 pages, the booklet has 20 pages, one loose-leaf sheet.
- Edition: 700 copies
- Publishing Date: 2012 (Fall)
- Place: Chicago, USA.
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: ISSN : 1085-1461
- Media: Printed in offset on several kinds of paper. At page 56 a folded loose-leaf sheet with a text by Johanna Drucker. On the back-cover, an envelope containing a booklet, printed in offset and marks of rubber-stamped.
- Synopsis: Brad Freeman invited Catarina Figueiredo Cardoso and Isabel Baraona as guest editors. JAB #32 is dedicated to the Portuguese panorama on self-publishing and artists’ books. Cover and booklet by Isabel Baraona. Index: Page 2 JAB 32: The Portugal JAB, Brad Freeman Page 3 In Portugal, Authors’ Editions, small presses, independent publishers, and book artists, Catarina Figueiredo Cardoso and Isabel Baraona Page 5 Artists’ Books not found. An absence in Portuguese Art Theory but not in Portuguese Art practice, Catarina Figueiredo Cardoso Page 9 Visuality and material expressiveness in Portuguese experimental poetry, Rui Torres Page 21 Words and painting Exchange roles: Concretism, Experimentalism and Fine Arts in Portugal, Eduardo Paz Barroso. Page 29 Alternativa zero, The memory of being contemporary in Portugal, Eduardo Paz Barroso Page 32 A Bibliography of Portuguese experimental poetry, Rui Torres e Manuel Portela Page 36 Portuguese Comics and Artists’ Books, Pedro Moura Page 42 Frenesi: A Publisher of Artists’ Books, Catarina Figueiredo Cardoso Page 44 The Artists’ Books collection of the Caloust Gulbenkian Foundation Art Library, Ana Barata Page 45 The Library of the Serralves Foundation, Sónia Oliveira Page 47 INC: Livros e Edições de Autor. Page 48 STET, Filipa Valladares & Paulo Catrica Page 49 Oficina do Cego, Isabel Baraona Page 50 Books received, Claire Sammons
- Publisher's Website:http://www.journalofartistsbooks.org/
- Notes and Collections: JAB #32 is available at: - Serralves Foundation Library, Porto; Gulbenkian Foundation Library, Lisbon; the library of the School of Fine Arts and Design of Caldas da Rainha, Portugal. - Kandinsky Library, Paris; CLA - Cabinet du Livre d’Artiste na Universidade Rennes 2, Rennes, France. - London South Bank University, London College of Art, Chelsea College of Art & Design, Tate Britain, National Art Library, U.K. - Harvard University, Cambridge; Art Institute of Boston, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; Museum of Modern Art, Metropolitan Museum of Art New York; Pratt Library, Brooklyn Museum of Art, Brooklyn; San Francisco Public Library, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, USA (among other Libraries)
(Português) JAB #32