- Title: Paperwork 15/24
- Author: António Olaio
- Collaborations: Project curated by Gabriela Vaz Pinheiro. Paperwork was developed within (OFF)cycle: New Languages and Public Space.
- Publisher: CEC 2012
Fundação Cidade de Guimarães
- Dimensions: 40,5X27,8 cm 17,91X10,94 in
- Number of Pages: 12 pages
- Edition: 5.000 copies. Special collection of Paperwork, 150 copies in a box, numbered and signed by the artists.
- Publishing Date: 2012
- Place: Guimarães, Portugal
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: n.a.
- Media: Off-set two colours (black/red); folded pages.
- Synopsis: This is the 15th issue of a collection of 24 numbers. The superscription at the last page labels this edition as an “Assembling of images from paintings and video frames of works produced between 2000 and 2011, in a free association of scales, regardless of the scale of the original objects.” All the pages, with the exception of the last two, are structured with the use of a red frame, as if we were looking inside of a box, almost as a tromp l’oeil. A character dressed as a magician appears to be presenting the images – such as fragments of paintings, photos, video-stills- and a text originally written in English: - I’m just another brain in the country; just another brain; just one more brain; 2 brains in the ground; 3 brains in the trees; 4 brains I have found; covered up with bumblebees; a thousand brains in the grass; blowing up like balloons.
- Notes and Collections: Quote from a document divulged by CEC – European Capital of Culture 2012: "Its dissemination in the period prior to the Capital of Culture has the purpose of fulfilling one of the functions implied in one of the programme's key concepts "New Languages", enabling a process of familiarization with the work of art's printed image (…) . Paperworks is a multiple handed to artists to intervene artistically. Artists are invited to use the newspaper format as an artistic surface, proposing the publication of existing work or of work produced specifically for this project, forming a collection unique to the Capital of Culture 2012". Paperwork was folded and sent by post, as a regular newspaper, it was also freely distributed at art schools, Museums and Art Centers. Paperwork 15/24 can be found at: - Gulbenkian Foundation Library, Lisbon; Serralves Foundation Library, Porto, Portugal. - CLA - Cabinet du Livre d'Artiste, Université Rennes 2, France. - Proyecto' ace, Buenos Aires, Argentina.