- Title: Paperwork 19/24
- Author: João Penalva
- Collaborations: Project curated by Gabriela Vaz Pinheiro. Paperwork was developed within (OFF)cycle: New Languages and Public Space.
- Publisher: CEC 2012
Fundação Cidade de Guimarães
- Dimensions: 40,5X27,8 cm 17,91X10,94 in
- Number of Pages: 12 pages
- Edition: 5.000 copies. Special collection of Paperwork, 150 copies in a box, numbered and signed by the artists.
- Publishing Date: 2012
- Place: Guimarães, Portugal
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: n.a.
- Media: Offset two colours (black/red), folded pages.
- Synopsis: This is the 19th issue of a collection of 24 numbers. The cover and the inscription in the last page indicate: “Bulletin of New Acquisitions no. 27. Museum of Displays, Yuteval 1989. (2012).” The photos document old fashion displays, made in wood, formerly used to present small objects in Museum showcases. Due to contemporary preservation rules adopted by Museums and Galleries these wood displays are now an anachronism. Every photo is accompanied by a short technical file and description of an absent object that should fit in to each display.
- Notes and Collections: Quote from a document divulged by CEC – European Capital of Culture 2012: "Its dissemination in the period prior to the Capital of Culture has the purpose of fulfilling one of the functions implied in one of the programme's key concepts "New Languages", enabling a process of familiarization with the work of art's printed image (…) . Paperworks is a multiple handed to artists to intervene artistically. Artists are invited to use the newspaper format as an artistic surface, proposing the publication of existing work or of work produced specifically for this project, forming a collection unique to the Capital of Culture 2012". Paperwork was folded and sent by post, as a regular newspaper, it was also freely distributed at art schools, Museums and Art Centers. Paperwork 19/24 can be found at - Gulbenkian Foundation Library, Lisbon; Serralves Foundation Library, Porto, Portugal. - CLA – Cabinet du Livre d’Artiste, Rennes 2 University, France. - Proyecto' ace, Buenos Aires, Argentina.