- Title: Performing the Institution(al), Volume 1
- Author: AA.VV.
- Collaborations: Essays by Maria Lind and Charles Esche; interviews with Nuno Sousa Vieira, Mauro Cerqueira, Joana Bastos, André Romão, Carla Filipe and Stefan Brüggemann.
- Publisher: Kunsthalle Lissabon
- Dimensions: 29,7X21 cm
- Number of Pages: 96 pages + 6 fold-outs
- Edition: 500 copies
- Publishing Date: 2010
- Place: Lisbon, Portugal
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: n.a. ; 978-989-97141-2-0
- Media: Printed colour; text printed black and white on Munken Polar 130 gr., Chromolux 700 100gr and CXA-R. 250gr
- Synopsis: Performing the Institutional documents Kunsthalle Lissabon's first curatorial cycle, which happened between July 2009 and June 2010 and featured solo shows by Nuno Sousa Vieira, Mauro Cerqueira, Joana Bastos, André Romão, Carla Filipe and Stefan Brüggemann. The book, a collaboration with ATLAS PROJECTOS, a publisher of independent art projects in printed, audio/visual and exhibition formats, was edited by João Mourão and Luis Silva and includes new essays by Maria Lind (Contemporary Art and its institutional dilemmas) and Charles Esche (The deviant art institution), as well as the “words don't come easy” series of interviews with the featured artists. Performing the Institution(al) inaugurates Kunsthalle Lissabon's publishing activity. Texts in English and Portuguese. (Text provided by Kunsthalle Lissabon to Tipo.PT)
- Author's Website:http://www.kunsthalle-lissabon.org/
- Publisher's Website:http://www.atlasprojectos.net/
- Notes and Collections: Bruno Lopes photographed the book. The book can be found at the Gulbenkian Foundation Library, Lisbon; Serralves Foundation Library, Porto, Portugal.
Performing the Institution(al), Volume 1