- Title: Toxin du jour
- Author: Carla Cruz
- Publisher: windferreira
- Dimensions: 20x14 cm
- Number of Pages: Pamphlets (front and back)
- Edition: 2000 copies (two editions of 1000 copies each; the first for Eindhoven and the second for Bristol)
- Publishing Date: 2008
- Place: Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: n.a.
- Media: Pamphlet, offset, one colour (black) over yellow paper.
- Synopsis: 'The State of Translocality, is a collaborative project curated by Alexandra Dias Ferreira and Bettina Wind since 2006; it is a platform for reflection and interaction in the field of translocality'. Carla Cruz’s pamphlet aims to create a feeling of doubt or a rumour concerning surveillance cameras. Is it true? Is it a message in a network; is it a science fiction novel or an article in wikipedia? It aims to question us about the fact that nowadays we live in a constant state of exception. (Translation of the text provided by Carla Cruz to Tipo.pt)
- Author's Website:http://www.carlacruz.pt
- Publisher's Website:http://www.windferreira.com
- Notes and Collections: Pamphlet developed for STATE OF TRANSLOCALITY, project curated by Alexandra Dias Ferreira and Bettina Wind, for the exhibition Becoming Dutch, Van Abbe Museum, Eindhoven 2008. In the same year, the pamphlet was distributed at Bristol, United Kingdom, as well as at the exhibition 'Part-ilha'; and at Spike Island, as part of several performances to be perceived by surveillance cameras.
Toxin du jour