- Title: KWY #10
- Author: KWY
- Collaborations: An editors’ note mentions that KWY includes Lourdes Castro, Christo, Jan Voss and René Bèrtholo. René Bèrtholo coordinated this issue.
- Publisher: KWY
- Dimensions: 31X20,5 cm
- Number of Pages: 34 pages
- Edition: 300 copies
- Publishing Date: 1962 (Fall)
- Place: Paris, France
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: 4ème trimestre 1962 ; n.a.
- Media: Cover printed in silkscreen in 4 colours (black, green, grey and transparent light rose) on white paper. The magazine is printed in several kinds and qualities of paper. The texts are typewritten. Collages with paper and a collage with needle, thread and wire.
- Synopsis: The cover announces that KWY is the only magazine made in 300 copies and printed in silkscreen. The cover combines details of several images sent by the artists. KWY #10 contains original collaboration by: J. A. França with the text “De L’”Anti-Peinture” (excerpt of a longer essay); Mimmo Rotella publishes 3 “poema suono”, nº 4, nº 7, nº 8; Jean Clarence Lambert, “Alea Annote”; Pol Bury publishes fragments of “Décalcomanies”; Imre Pan, “ La Mémoire de DADA”; Roberto Filliou publishes “Four-Dimentional Space-time Continuum” and a fragment of “ A Classical Play” written in 1958. The pages « Décou-pages », printed in black on paper kraft, regroup fragments of images by Vigas, Jan Firch, Rancillac and details from silkscreens by Jan Voss, Gonçalo Duarte, C. Pinheiro, Georges Noel, J. Escada and René Bèrtholo. Collage by R. Filliou and a sound collage by Soto, made with a needle, thread and wire on black and white paper. This issue contains silkscreens prints by Peter Saul (one colour, blue), Corneille (grey, black and red), Lourdes Castro (silver and green), Brock (black, green, blue and grey), Costa Pinheiro (grey, blue, red and black) on white paper. Nuno Bragança’s text was translated by François Dufrêne and René Bèrtholo. Texts in Portuguese, English and French.
- Notes and Collections: KWY #10 is available at: Gulbenkian Foundation Library in Lisbon; Serralves Foundation Library, Porto, Portugal. Kandinsky Library; French National Library, Paris, France.
- Bibliography and Links:
AA.VV. – KWY. Lisboa, Fundação Gulbenkian/KWY, 1960. (catálogo da exposição que teve lugar na Sociedade Nacional de Belas Artes entre 11 a 20 de Dezembro de 1960)
ACCIAIUOLI, Margarida – KWY Paris 1958-1968. Lisboa, Centro Cultral de Belém / Assírio & Alvim, 2001
BARROSO, Eduardo Paz – Words and Painting Exchange Roles: Concrete Poetry, Experimental Poetry, & Fine Arts in Portugal. Journal of Artists’ Books #32. Outono, 2012. (Pág. 21-28)
BOIVENT, Marie – La revue d’artiste. Enjeux et spécificités d’une pratique artistique. Tese de Doutoramento, departamento de Artes Plásticas da Universidade Rennes 2 Haute Bretagne. Junho 2011. (páginas 97-99, 416, 684)