- Title: Paperwork 24/24
- Author: Ana Hatherly
- Collaborations: Project curated by Gabriela Vaz Pinheiro. Paperwork was developed within (OFF)cycle: New Languages and Public Space.
- Publisher: CEC 2012
Fund. Cidade de Guimarães
- Dimensions: 40,5X27,8 cm 17,91X10,94 in
- Number of Pages: 12 pages
- Edition: 5.000 copies Special collection of Paperwork, 150 copies in a box, numbered and signed by the artists.
- Publishing Date: 2013
- Place: Guimarães, Portugal
- Dep. Legal / ISBN: n.a.
- Media: Off-set, one colour (black); folded pages.
- Synopsis: This is the last issue of the Paperwork collection. Ana Hatherly used several references from “Obrigatório não ver”, a TV show transmitted by RTP (Portuguese Radio and Television) during 1978-79 and the edition of a book compiling several texts written between the 60’ and 80’ later published by Edições Quimera. Paperwork #24 contains excerpts of an interview recorded but never broadcasted conducted by Jochen Gerz. “(…) The image and the self are positioned in this manner: in a dialectic between the living thing and the fixed thing. That’s how we look at the pictures and see ourselves, but what we actually see is the other, i.e. our overt desire for alienation, sanctioned by culture under the name of hope.”
- Notes and Collections: Quote from a document divulged by CEC – European Capital of Culture 2012: "Its dissemination in the period prior to the Capital of Culture has the purpose of fulfilling one of the functions implied in one of the programme's key concepts "New Languages", enabling a process of familiarization with the work of art's printed image (…) . Paperworks is a multiple handed to artists to intervene artistically. Artists are invited to use the newspaper format as an artistic surface, proposing the publication of existing work or of work produced specifically for this project, forming a collection unique to the Capital of Culture 2012". Paperwork was folded and sent by post, as a regular newspaper, it was also freely distributed at art schools, Museums and Art Centers. Paperwork 24/24 can be found at: - Gulbenkian Foundation Library, Lisbon; Serralves Foundation Library, Porto, Portugal. - CLA - Cabinet du Livre d'Artiste, Université Rennes 2, France.
- Bibliography and Links:
HATHERLY, Ana – Obrigatório não ver. Lisboa, Edições Quimera, 2009.